Jo Fiddes and her team have achieved great things over the last year... Jo asked me to go a year ago and this was the follow up visit. It was great to see what has been achieved; they have also just had an OfSTED inspection which recognises the brilliant progress they have made and celebrates the outstanding leadership Jo and her Deputy have shown.
Walking around the school you understand the challenges our primary schools face but what is really wonderful is the teamwork, the quality of the teaching, the pace and purpose of the learning, the quality of the learning environment and the children!
OfSTED will say that it is a satisfactory school with good features but actually it's a great school... and Jo and her colleagues are not complacent in any way, there is always more to do. What makes Five Lanes Primary School such a great school?
- a talented and committed learning team;
- strong and passionate leadership;
- strong, positive and dynamic relationships;
- clear, shared vision and values driving all aspects of the work of the school;
- great teaching within a wonderful learning environment;
- high expectations of every child and the whole learning team; and
- some fantastic young people!