It has been another wonderful, exciting yet challenging term. Whatever happens to us, I still believe that the only possible response is that we should be constantly and relentlessly positive about what we are doing. We have so much to be proud of here in Leeds and our approach to the challenges we are facing must be intelligent, direct and honest. If anyone out there believes they can do it better they should come on down, roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
Like you, and after a long hard term, I need a break but before I go here’s how to survive the year ahead...
- Remember that absolute feedback does not exist
- Remember that it's their opinion, it's not fact!
- Remember to keep talking about our successes.
- Remember to keep learning how to do it better.
- Remember to constantly support your colleagues.
- Remember to phone a friend when you need help and support.
- Remember to focus on the outcomes you are achieving.
- Remember to stay positive!
The blog is going to go quiet for a few days so that I can unwind and get rid of the knots, recharge the batteries and gear myself up for another year in Leeds... Education Leeds last year in Leeds. Take care and look after yourself while I am gone and after a term like this it is important to know that miracles can happen and will happen.
Keep the faith.