It was brilliant to visit the school again and see what Sarah Griggs, the headteacher, and her team have achieved. They have transformed the school and built something extra-ordinary. The children were an amazing advert for this great school; positive, polite, respectful and well-behaved. The atmosphere and learning environment is fantastic; relationships are wonderful and the learning is simply amazing! I had my portrait painted by children in the early years and I was made a wonderfully magic tie by children in Year 3 and I was interviewed about my job by children in Years 5 and 6.
As someone who is always learning, I always ask myself questions after visiting schools like Valley View Primary School, whose learning journey has been simply amazing. What are Sarah and her team doing to release such magic? What is it that makes this little school so fantastic? What can we learn from what is happening here? The answers...
- Sarah's passionate and committed leadership;
- an inclusive learning culture within a highly focused and consistent system;
- a great teaching and learning team;
- clear values and beliefs driving all the work of the school;
- a focus on excellence, high standards and positive behaviour;
- outstanding teaching and learning;
- a positive, attractive and stimulating learning environment;
- high expectations and hard work!