Schools across Leeds have been taking part in this years 'Be Healthy!' Challenge and the organising committee are now asking us, the adults,to do one small achievable thing to improve our health.
They suggest the following physical activity challenges...
- walk around the block a fixed number of times;
- walk with friends during your lunchtime break;
- pace yourself with a pedometer and set a target for the number of steps you do each day;
- take the stairs instead of the lift;
- Teach a friend to dance, or get them to teach you;
- park further away and stride to work.
They also suggest the following to improve your emotional well-being:
- when sending e-mail include a message of goodwill, inspiration and motivation;
- spend time each day listening to music;
- learn to say good morning in another language each week;
- have lunch with a colleague;
- read something from a good book every day;
- get out for some fresh air every day;
- if you need it ask for help;
- be kind to fellow motorists;
- avoid getting angry;
- spend time listening to your children;
- learn a new joke to tell every week;
- keep a compliments diary;
- be positive about the people you know;
- talk about the things that are worrying you;
- do someone a favour;
- switch off the TV and spend time with your family and friends;
- learn something new;
- set off early;
- make lists.
Great stuff. So what are you going to do?