Wednesday 10 September 2008

Yesterday was one of those crazy days where you dash from meeting to meeting and at the end of it all wonder what difference you have actually made...

In terms of making a difference, I was asked by a colleague about the progress we have made since 2001 with our GCSE results and since I couldn't sleep last night I worked it out. I calculate that over the last seven years across Leeds over 6500 more young people achieved 5+ good GCSE grades than the baseline we inherited in 2001. In 2008 an around 1850 young people across Leeds achieved 5+ good GCSE grade compared to 2001 and this year over 500 more achieved this benchmark compared to last year.

I know that the mathematicians amonst us will check my calculations and if anyone want to correct or update this please let me know.
Chris

No comments: