Thursday 12 March 2009

My colleague Jo Fiddes, headteacher at Five Lanes Primary School, sent me this bit of good news...

"Hi Chris, Something to celebrate or boast about, depending on your point of view - after reading your blog I thought I would share it with you..... I had an absolutely wonderful time as an invited speaker at The Houses of Parliament last week, to coincide with the launch of Dyslexia Action's Partnership for Literacy report. I was the only head teacher speaking, and the only representative from Leeds. Ed Balls was fulsome in his praise of the work we are doing at Five Lanes, and publicly gave me a couple of very head swelling compliments. It was a really good day, and I was even quoted very briefly in the TES last week. Hopefully my new best mate Ed will be visiting us in person some time soon, so we can further impress him. Regards, Jo."

It's great to know that Jo was flying the flag for Leeds.
Chris

No comments: