The session provided an opportunity to look at the challenges and opportunities facing Leeds over the next 20 years. The keynote address was given by Terry Hodgkinson, Chair of Yorkshire Forward, who highlighted the following issues facing the city:
- how we manage the population growth;
- how we create a sustainable city;
- developing the transport infrastructure;
- growing world class skills and education;
- developing creativity and enterprise;
- nurturing the financial and legal services;
- focusing on environmental and green issues.
Our new Vision for Leeds will need to address these issues.