Monday 26 July 2010

My colleague Caroline Starkey who is Principal Officer, Health and Wellbeing in Later Life in our Adult Social Care team here in Leeds sent me this after her visit to City of Leeds School...

"Dear Chris, I hope you are well. This week, I went out to visit City of Leeds High School to see Ben and the boys from Yoob It! I just wanted to let you know how impressed I was with the scheme and the boys’ enthusiasm. I hope that the Neighbourhoods for All Ages Network can support them – both by promoting their work amongst our members and by offering support, particularly signposting them to people who may help. I also hope that we can do a feature on 'Yoob It' in our next Neighbourhoods for All Ages newsletter and at our next network meeting after the summer. I just wanted to let you know how pleased I am that these young people recognise the issues that face many older people in Leeds and are keen to do something about them! I felt very inspired when I left City last week! Best Wishes, Caroline."

It is wonderful to get feedback like this from Caroline about some of the wonderful initiatives and projects that are developing in schools across the city. This work, at City of Leeds School, shows the potential of our young people and their capacity to understand issues and develop innovative and creative approaches to really make a difference.

Chris

No comments: