Stress is of course something we all live with but I am told that diet can play a significant and important part in improving your physical and emotional well-being. So to quote the article "if stess is turning you into a moody chocoholic insomniac, with no sex drive, constant colds, tummy trouble, dire concentration and heart palpitations here is what you need to do"...
- boost your magnesium intake... magnesium helps the body make energy, balance blood-sugar levels and maintain healthy blood pressure.... magnesium is found in green vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains and pulses.
- Ideally don't drink coffee and certainly don't drink coffee before 10 am.
- Never skip meals. Eat three low-GI meals a day with snacks if necessary.
- Beef up your vitamins B5 and C... stress reduces these vitamins. B5 is found in eggs, fish, meat, lentils and whole grains. C is found in berries, broccoli, cabbage, peppers, tomatoes and all fruit and vegetables.
- Raise your serotonin levels... eat yoghurt, bananas, figs and dates and drink milk.
- Eat oats for breakfast!
- Ditch caffeine, sugar and alcohol!
- Take gentle exercise but don't overdo it!
It's be healthy week so look after yourself; de-stress and unwind whenever you can.