Do you know what makes a great colleague, a great teacher or a great coach?
Hilary Wilce in the TES on Friday had read the judges reports on the 70 odd winners of this year’s Teachers Awards. Her top tips are…
- Like children. Really, really, really like children.
- Respect children and expect great things from them.
- Don’t stick slavishly to the National Curriculum.
- Have a passion for what you are teaching.
- Be really well organised.
- Have a laugh.
- Never take yourself, or anyone else, too seriously.
So what are the equivalents for a great colleague?
- Like your colleagues.
- Respect and trust your colleagues.
- Be creative and imaginative.
- Expect the best.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic.
- Be organised.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself.