My colleague Alison Yates who is one of our Healthy Schools Consultants coordinating the 'Be Healthy - Stay Safe!' initiative this year sent us this update on the way things are going....
"Hi Everyone, Just a short email to thank you all for your amazing efforts with getting schools to register for Be Healthy! Stay Safe and also for taking the bags of goodies out! So far...
- We have now shifted 172 bags of goodies to date;
- We have 19 high schools registered, compared to 12 last year;
- We have 84 primary schools registered, compared to 97 last year;
- We have one SILC, same as last year;
- We have one PRU, same as last year;
- We have 11 schools taking part in specific family challenges - with over 100 families taking part; unique to this year;
- We have two sections of the youth council involved in challenges;
- We have a youth service Be Healthy event happening;
- We have interest from the local LGB groups and YSHAG who would like to take part;
- So lots going on...
From now on as well as reminding schools to register - the big push will be to encourage them to submit their action plans to be found at www.educationleeds.co.uk/behealthy. The ones I have received so far have been really useful and informative - and a really easy way to collect information. Thanks again for your support! Alison"
This is a brilliant initiative and Alison and the team are doing a fantastic job encouraging and supporting school across the city. I really hope that every school in Leeds can see how important this 'Be Healthy - Stay Safe!' agenda is and gets involved.