Friday 29 August 2008

Dave Page, Deputy Chief Executive of Leeds City Council and a Director of Education Leeds from the beginning sent me this e-mail after he heard about the latest GCSE results...

"Chris, I did a bit of an analysis on the results myself yesterday and they are really impressive. When you recall that the pre EL 5A to C figure was 39% these figures are an improvement of 61% which is really remarkable . Am I right in thinking that these are the results of children who were 9 years old when EL started-it will be interesting in 2012 to see what the cohort who started school at the same time as EL achieve in that year. I think you've used most of the superlatives up but sincere thanks for all your efforts and those of the team for such a great achievement. Well done again. Dave"

Dave is right; 2012 is going to be a big year in so many ways.

Chris

No comments: