Saturday 31 January 2009

"I am a survivor of a concentration camp. My eyes saw what no person should witness. Gas chambers built by learned engineers. Children poisoned by educated physicians. Infants killed by trained nurses. Women and babies shot and killed by high school and college graduates. So I'm suspicious of education. My request is: help your students to be human. Your efforts must never produce learned monsters, skilled psychopaths, or educated Eichmanns. Reading and Writing and spelling and history and arithmetic are only important if they serve to make our students more human."
Haim Ginott
I have just read the special issue of 'harmony', the new News Magazine of the Stephen Lawrence Education Standard in Leeds...

The special issue was produced to highlight the work we have been doing on the importance of Holocaust Education. It is a brilliant collection of stories and articles encouraging us all to remember the past and shape the future. I hope everyone will read and learn from this special edition.
Chris

No comments: