Yorkshire Bank 150th Community Awards
To mark their 150th anniversary, Yorkshire Bank are inviting charities and community groups to participate in their 150th Community Awards, through which they will donate £150,000 to local charities and community groups.
Who can apply?
Applications can come from:
- Registered charities
- Community organisations and voluntary groups.
What are the Award categories?
Awards will be considered for projects in one of the following four categories:
- Environment - This category incorporates projects which seek to protect or improve the environment.
- Volunteering - This category focuses on citizenship and initiatives that promote and support volunteering.
- Education - This category focuses on initiatives that promote accessibility to both financial education and financial services.
- Regeneration - This category focuses on community development through initiatives that build and strengthen communities.
In each category one project will receive an award of £10,000 and four projects will each receive £5,000. At the Awards presentation, towards the end of the year, one outstanding project will be awarded a further £10,000. In addition to the main recipients, a further 20 awards will be made of £1,000 each.
How to apply
Charities and community groups must submit a completed application form together with any supporting information by 16th August 2009. The application form is available to download from the Yorkshire Bank website or by emailing YB150awards@eu.nabgroup.com.