Wednesday 24 March 2010

This afternoon I managed to attend the end of Headteacher Forum...

This is a hugely important group and I have missed a couple of meetings recently because of clashes with Cabinet or Executive Board. When I arrived colleagues were discussing the Children's Services Review and how headteachers want to see the new Children's Services directorate develop. We must all work to create a culture and relationships where we can challenge and discuss issues openly and honestly... we must be prepared to challenge the status-quo, to question some of the assumptions we all make and to push the boundarises of what is possible. I know, and welcome the fact, that passionate, committed colleagues will disagree with me and I know that I am not always right but I tell you it's good to talk and even better to listen!
Keep the faith...
Chris

No comments: