Tuesday 11 May 2010

My colleague Cliff Summers, headteacher at Churwell Primary School, sent me this today to cheer me up...

"Hello Chris, In amongst the political uncertainty and SATs debate, we had a residential to Whitby with our year 5 children on the 28/29/30th April. We spent some time on the beach, as you can see from the attached photograph (I am the bald headed man just up from the tip of the W in Churwell).
On our return I received a very nice phone call from a lady who must have been watching us from the pier above and was spending some time on holiday in Whitby. I asked if she wouldn't mind e-mailing her comments to me and her comments are below. I always enjoy my time away with our children but was even more proud that they had been noticed for all the right reasons. I also thought this might cheer you up! Best wishes, Cliff."


"Dear Staff and Children,
My Husband and myself were in Whitby recently when we noticed you in the bright yellow jackets on the beach. You made a big sign in the sand with Churwell on it. We must congratulate you on your behaviour and organisation of the trip. You had a safe area marked out in the sand and the teachers were supervising you really well. We watched you making dints in the sand and filling them with water and you all looked like you were really having a good time. We were also impressed when we walked across the sands and saw you all washing hands before you had your sandwiches. Well done Churwell - it was lovely to see such well behaved children."

We are blessed here in Leeds to have so many great schools, like Churwell Primary School, where teams of colleagues are releasing potential and magic. As Cliff says it is a privilege to be able to work with our unique and extra-ordinary young people who make this whole crazy thing so worthwhile.
Chris

No comments: