Thursday 6 May 2010

What makes a great primary school?

I visited Queensway Primary School this morning...

I was feeling down so I popped in to see Gail Palmer-Smeaton and her wonderful team for a quick cup of coffee. Last time I visited the school Gail was is in the middle of building work as the new children's centre was being built. The building now looks fantastic and Gail and the team were their usual high octane selves and are releasing a very special kind of magic. I talked to Gail about the future, children's services and the Key Stage 2 SATS and I also got the chance to briefly walk around the school to see things in action.

The 'can do' culture is everywhere reinforcing that this is the most important thing we do here in Leeds; educating the future and recognising it's incredible potential! The key is to ensure that everyone is happy, healthy, safe and then focusing on them being increasingly successful... the children, the learning team and the parents and carers. This is a wonderful school with a great team led by an inspirational headteacher who together have built something really special at Queensway Primary School .
Chris

No comments: