I was at Children's Services Scrutiny Board this morning talking about this Summer's results and a colleague raised the issue about morale and communication across Education Leeds. Then as I returned to Merrion House another colleague was looking thoughtful and said that it would be good to know where he fitted in the new world and the new arrangements. We have been through a lot together over the last ten glorious years; good times and bad times, and there have always been opportunities and challenges and we've shed a lot of blood, sweat and tears. I know times are tough but above all we need to stay positive and constantly remind each other about the journey we've been on, our achievements and the recognition Education Leeds has received for it's outstanding work in so many areas.
Whatever you do, over the next few weeks and months, make sure that you:
- Manage your diary and your life to create space to think and plan;
- Focus on the things that have gone really well;
- Find allies and friends to give you support and encouragement;
- Give colleagues things to do that will build capacity;
- Stay in touch with the real world of schools and classrooms;
- Look for the little things that make a big difference;
- Exercise, stay fit and look after your self; and
- Collect bits of magic to keep the soul alive!
And whatever you do… be positive!