Wednesday 24 November 2010

SWALLOW HILL COMMUNITY COLLEGE

I moved on to visit Swallow Hill Community College...


I hadn't visited the school for over a year and it was great to see Gill Knutsson, acting headteacher, again.  Gill talked to me about the journey ths school had been on since September and the impact and outcomes they were achieving, I was impressed by the calm and very purposeful atmosphere around the school and the building which is bright, light and a wonderful environment for learning. Everyone I spoke to was very positive and optimistic about the school while recognising the very real challenges the staff team still face with creating a shared culture, addressing behaviour, managing attendance and driving up standards. It's only three weeks until the end of term and the team, although tired, have certainly achieved a lot recently and are really confident about the journey to build a brilliant learning place to serve the people of West Leeds.
Chris

No comments: