Tuesday 16 January 2007

I sometimes struggle through days and because of all the noise I can sometimes miss the brilliance of my colleagues who are shaping a new order here in Leeds. I know that by naming some of my talented colleagues by default I fail to mention you but forgive me...this week my brilliant people include...
...people like Gary Nixon who with his colleagues has transformed our behavioural provision. According to our friends at OfSTED every pupil referral unit in Leeds is now at least good with outstanding features and some of it is simply outstanding.
... people like Wendy Winterburn and her colleagues whose work with parents was already fantastic but has been taken to new heights with their work with Parent Support Advisers where we are simply the best.
... people like Anne Cowling and her colleagues who have shaped the Leeds Healthy Schools Programme to be one of the best if not the best programmes in the country.
... people like Chris Halsall, Chris Pollard and their colleagues who are driving transformational change in our primary schools.
... people like Brian Tuffin, Sylvia Lunn and their colleagues who are driving transformational change in our secondary schools.
These are simply some of a cast of thousands who are transforming the landscape here in Leeds and whose work has touched mine over the past few days and weeks.
THANK YOU
Chris

No comments: