Wednesday 23 May 2007

I went on to one of our small village primary schools...

I visited Aberford CE Primary School where Bob Young and his colleagues are doing great things. Sadly, I missed most of the class assembly where a significant group of parents and all the children were squeezed into the school hall. I also met Ruth Toone, the Chair of the Governors, who is also passionate about the school and what it is achieving. I did manage to catch a circle time session where the pet duck was talking about her experiences to the younger children...

As always in a small school there was an energy and engagement that is great to see and judging from the Year 5 and 6 class I visited, there are some fantastic, talented and articulate young people who will go on to do great things.

Chris

No comments: