Sunday 9 December 2007

I have been using one of these little Eee PCs and it is simply brilliant...

I was given one to try by colleagues at RM after I saw the little thing at the Tim Brighouse lecture and then saw one in action at the Derek Fatchett City Learning Centre. It is a real addition to the toolkit available to schools to support and enhance young people's learning. I can't believe what you get for the price... the one I am using has it's own wordprocessor programme, spreadsheet programme, presentation programme, e-mail, file manager, music manager, photo manager, it's own webcam and skype plus loads of other educational and games stuff!

I'll let you know more when I have used it more.
Chris

1 comment:

peahen said...

... and based on Linux too, with its own custom interface. "Low cost and easy to use" kinda rules out Micro$oft, doesn't it?