I think the things that make brilliant are...
- strong, disciplined, focused and passionate distributed leadership;
- clear, shared vision, values and beliefs driving all aspects of the school;
- a talented, energetic, enthusiastic and creative learning team;
- a rich, exciting and engaging curriculum offer, inside and outside the classroom;
- a powerful, stimulating and interesting learning environment for everyone;
- confident, creative and passionate use of appropriate strategies and approaches to raise standards and achieve the five outcomes;
- high shared expectations of children and the whole learning team;
- strong, dynamic and meaningful relationships;
- inspiring teaching and learning within a nurturing culture;
- individual tracking of childrens progress and achievements;
- early, appropriate and focused interventions;
- high engagement and involvement of young people;
- high parental engagement and involvement.
I need your help here and would welcome feedback... is this the recipe for outstanding schools releasing a very special magic or have I missed something?