"Hi Chris, Sorry, but I can't resist sharing some more good news for this week. Some comments below from schools after our recent project week when small teams go in to schools to deliver jointly-planned programmes:
- Swarcliffe: .......an ENORMOUS thank you for all the hard work you put in.....it was fantastic to see the children come alive & work so enthusiastically towards a common goal. Not only was the music work great fun....but the sense of team that you inspired will remain with the children....we will DEFINITELY see you again very soon!!
- Newlaithes: ....both staff & pupils had a wonderful time with the ArtForms team......it all sounded amazing. We were surprised & impressed at how much the children learnt and thrilled at how they responded to the experience. Quote; Reece "I feel alive!"
- Calverley: The children had a real sense of achievement.....[and] began to understand how music is "put together". There was real cooperation and collaboration. The team was friendly, approachable, enthusiastic & had high expectations of the children. I feel more confident about my own understanding of music and will be better able to ask for specific help & advice.
- St Bartholomew: ....as predicted, brilliant.
- EPOS: .......absolutely fantastic. Beyond our expectations. Great to link up with the High School......inspirational for the children.
- Castleton: Come back next year. A real success again. This continues to be a real highlight of the school year, with pupils entering year 6 & asking "When do we do the Steel Pans?". A motivating and "carrot" tool and always perform to a well attended concert of parents, governors, staff and pupils
Also the launch of the great anti-bullying pack with Hilary Farmery. We're feeling somewhat pleased with ourselves! Paul"
It is great to see what the Artforms team are doing is really appreciated.