I was reading the Times Educational Supplement over the weekend and there was an article on the '24 hour school'...
We need to re-engineer our provision to encourage and support young people. We do need to think differently about how we engage young people in learning; how we develop our young people as passionate and powerful learners; how we get young people to understand that the keys to success are attitude, discipline and hard work.
- Opening early with breakfast works.
- Coaching and mentoring works.
- Small nurtured groups works.
- Study support works.
- Family support through STEPS works.
- Enterprise works.
- Sport and activity works.
- The arts and creativity works.
What else works?