This was another wonderful celebration of some amazing colleagues and some wonderful parents and carers. STEPS changes lives and the stories we have heard from these talented individuals make this programme one of the most important things we do and I am deeply grateful to my colleagues Chris Bennett and Val Cain who have worked so hard to deliver these programmes across Leeds. It was great that Neil Straker also found the time to come and celebrate some incredible people's achievements. I expect like me you are inspired by these people who have changed their lives through the STEPS programme and we recognised today five of them;
- Rachel Wood who won the Education Leeds Award;
- Jill Allen who won the Learning Communities Award;
- Anna Travers who won the Extended Services Award;
- Saba Khan who won the School Improvement Award; and
- Sarah Berry who won the FAST Team Facilitator of the Year Award.