Tuesday 13 January 2009

I spent the whole of yesterday and today in meetings and those of you who know me well know that I don't like meetings...

Someone told me that on an average day in the UK, there are around 5 million meetings. I don't know how they worked that out, but if it is true it makes you wonder how anything ever gets done andit is no surprise that the country is in a mess!! Colleagues often remind me that meetings are important and often essential elements of our work so the real question is how are we going to improve the productivity of our meetings and ensure that eevry meting is focused on getting things done.

We must constantly look at what was accomplished in our meetings and ask ourselves if it was worth it? I know that the answer is sometimes "yes" but if as I suspect a lot of the time the answer is "no" what are we going to do about it. Answers on a postcard...
Chris

No comments: