I arrived to meet Kathryn Depledge, the headteacher. I went to the fantastic breakfast club which was buzzing and the toast was really good. Then I took part in an intense session of activity with Years 3, 4 and 5 along the lines of our 'Wake Up and Shake Up' programme. The session was fabulous and the children had a really energetic and enthusiastic work out. Kathryn then gave me a guided tour where I met some of her wonderful children and some of her talented colleagues.
The things that make Ebor Gardens Primary School so good are...
- focused and passionate leadership;
- a team of talented, energetic, enthusiastic and creative individuals;
- a rich, creative and skills based curriculum;
- a bright, stimulating and interesting learning environment;
- inspiring teaching and learning within a nurturing climate;
- tracking of children's progress and achievements;
- early, appropriate and focused interventions.
This is a brilliant learning place with a wonderful learning environment and an excellent team with enormous potential. Kathryn Depledge is leading a great school and a great team who are releasing a very special kind of magic.