Thursday 5 November 2009

I started the day early at Winmoor St Paul's CE Primary School which is a great little school...

It was a really wonderful start to my day with Sheila Storey, the headteacher, and her team who are doing some amazing work in this bit of East Leeds and were incredibly positive despite the thieves who had overnight dismantled a significant part of the scaffolding that had been put on the roof before the major re-roofing project starts. It was great to see the school at work, attend the infant assembly, to meet some of Sheila's inspiring colleagues and to be shown around the school by two fantastic young people. Sheila and her team have generally created a brilliant learning environment for their children from early years and foundation through to Year six which sadly includes water features where the rain gets in! I met several of Sheila's colleagues who were real inspirations and the passion and commitment is very evident around the school as the team continue to build brilliant learning for all their children... whatever it takes!

I hope that Sheila will send me some photos from my visit to put on the blog.
Chris

No comments: