Saturday 7 November 2009

My colleague Sally Threlfall, Chief Officer for Early Years and Youth Service, sent me this e-mail which I managed to pick up today...

"Dear Chris, I have just seen a National Strategies publication on the web - Building Futures, Developing Trust- a focus on provision for children from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller backgrounds in the Early Years Foundation Stage. The publication has a significant contribution from Sue Gold ( EL) and Elizabeth Bradley ( EYS) and demonstrates the excellent work that is being delivered in Leeds with some of our most excluded children. I was really proud and it is good to see us acknowledged for best practice. Cheered me up on a Friday. Sally."

Sue and Elizabeth have been doing some extra-ordinary work with our Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities and it was great to have our contribution to this wonderful publication highlighted by Sally.
Chris

No comments: