Wednesday 2 December 2009

After the induction session I attended this week I received this wonderful bit of feedback from my colleague Jenny Sebright, who is an Education Officer in the West Leeds Youth Offending Service...

"Good Morning Chris, I met you yesterday at the Corporate Induction and I am taking you up on the offer of contacting you! I wanted to let you know that with all honesty I wasn't sure what the Induction would be like and how relevant I would find it. I was very wrong. I left feeling inspired and motivated. Not only by yourself but by Karen Cooper. I now feel I am part of a very successful team in terms of the whole of Education Leeds. As I am based in another service it is easy to feel unconnected to the wider service that I belong to and I am now excited by the challenges that faces me within the Youth Offending Service and working with schools and family's to ensure that Young Offenders receive an education. I have also in the last week put my name forward to be a parent governor at my sons school where he has recently joined in the Nursery so I am even more excited to be part of his Education and hope that I am successful in becoming a Governor. I am now looking forward with new and refreshed motivation to my new job with Education Leeds and will be following your blog with interest! Regards, Jenny."

It is great to get feedback from colleagues so we know what is working well and what we can do to improve and develop what we are doing here at Education Leeds.
Chris

No comments: