Tuesday 1 December 2009

My colleague Helen Gibson Davies sent me this last night...

"Hello again Chris. We at Calverley Parkside are still singing and having fun with our music! We joined thousands of other children at Sheffield Arena on the 24th Nov to take part in the Young Voices concert. I took 38, Y5 and 6 children and four staff and we had a fantastic experience. Lots of parents made the journey and enjoyed every moment with us. This was a once in a lifetime experience for the children and one that will linger in their memories long after SATS results have faded! I love my job, I love being with the children, I love singing and making music with them and I sometimes despair of the political football that education is! But we all battle on trying our best and really caring about the children in our care. That is why we have so many children who return to visit us when they have moved on; they miss us they say!All I need is happy children who love to come to school and parents who think our school is great! Helen."

Helen is right all our primary schools should be magical places full of the WOW factor; places where every child should sing, dance, read, count, play and create. Keep up the great work Helen.

Chris

No comments: