Victoria Primary School serves a very deprived area of central Leeds but just walking around the school with Alison Carrick, the headteacher, you realise that Alison and her colleagues are doing something really special and that they are releasing a very special kind of magic. Alison certainly leads by example and has high expectations of everyone; children and colleagues alike.
What makes Victoria Primary School such a great learning place...
- Alison's strong, focused and passionate leadership;
- the real focus on standards, tracking, monitoring and intervention
- the talented and enthusiastic teaching and learning team;
- clear values and beliefs driving every aspect of the work of the school;
- the focus on high expectations, positive behaviour and good discipline;
- lots of persistence, determination and hard work!
Alison and her learning team are doing a brilliant job and are building something really special at Victoria Primary School.