Colleagues from the Leeds Initiative are working with groups across the city to develop a new vision for Leeds. They want to answer some fairly basic questions:
- What do we want Leeds to be like in 2030?
- What are the big themes and issues we need to address?
- How do we put people at the heart of this work?
- How do we cope with the increasing population?
- How do we involve young people?
- How do we address sustainability?
- How do we address health and well-being?
- How do we address equality and diversity?
This is a great theme for schools to explore with their children and young people who will be between 25 and 40 years old in 2030. I hope that every school in Leeds will get involved in this important piece of work through their school councils and their curriculum?