It was great to visit this amazing little school again and to see the real progress the school is making on its journey to outstanding. OFSTED recently said that this is a good school with outstanding features and Nik Edensor is an inspirational young headteacher whose passion, drive, determination, commitment and hard work working with a brilliant team is achieving some extraordinary results. The school is developing and building on outstanding practice in the early years, the creative curriculum, the Children's University and working with the National College delivering NPQH programmes. The learning environment is fantastic and Nik's commitment to his team is evident in the distributed leadership, coaching strategies and professional development programmes which are all driving ownership, engagement, commitment and a culture of excellence.
As someone who is always learning, I always ask myself after visiting schools like Fieldhead Carr Primary School, what is it that makes this little school such a brilliant learning place? The answers...
- Nik's intelligent, focused and passionate leadership;
- an inclusive learning culture within a highly focused and consistent system;
- a great teaching and learning team;
- clear values and beliefs driving all the work of the school;
- a focus on excellence, high standards and positive behaviour;
- outstanding teaching;
- a positive, attractive and stimulating learning environment;
- high expectations and hard work!