Monday 27 September 2010

PRIMROSE LANE PRIMARY SCHOOL

This afternoon I visited Primrose Lane Primary School...

I last visited the school two years ago and this time I was going to see Catherine Holmes, the new headteacher, who had started at the school at Easter. Catherine is a talented colleague who brings successful experience of headship from Hertfordshire and it was great to be able to meet her and see first hand what an intelligent and capable headteacher we have at Primrose Lane Primary School. Catherine talked to me about her early experiences here in Leeds, what has gone well and what we could do better. She also outlined her hopes and what she wants to achieve at the school starting from some strong and successful foundations. She then gave me a whistle stop tour of the school where I met some of her colleagues and some of her wonderful children.

This is a good school with enormous potential which I am sure will become a great school under Catherine's focused, passionate and committed leadership.
Chris

No comments: