The meeting was with the Rothwell and Morley families of Schools and although breakfast was delayed because the chef was stuck on the motorway it was a great opportunity to share and talk about the challenges we face in Leeds and in these Families.
We talked about the wicked issues which challenge us all everyday:
- developing leadership and governance;
- building brilliant learning;
- tackling underachieving groups;
- supporting underachieving schools;
- developing inclusive learning;
- building better schools.
We alos briefly looked at succession planning, Trusts, federations and new models of governance. These are great headteachers doing a brilliant job driving up standards, developing extended services and working together to share their practice.