Friday 21 December 2007

The end of term has come at last and I want to thank everyone for everything they have done this term to achieve really fantastic results but more importantly I wanted to announce my own awards for those colleagues and teams who have gone the extra mile and released that special Education Leeds magic...

I recognise the dangers of doing this because having won and not won awards and knowing how it feels not to be recognised, I risk the wrath of everyone I don't mention. However, these are some of the colleagues, the teams and the initiatives that has made my life here at Education Leeds so special this year.

I have decided to award the following:
TEAM OF THE YEAR
COLLEAGUE OF THE YEAR
MANAGER OF THE YEAR
LEADER OF THE YEAR
INITIATIVE OF THE YEAR

My nominations for TEAM OF THE YEAR are:

Artforms;
EMA team
SEN Assessment and Planning Team;
Performance Management and Information Team;
Traveller Team
Leadership Support Team
National Strategies Team;
Secondary Advisers;
Healthy Schools Team;
Families and Schools Together Team;
Deaf and Hearing Impaired Team;
Attendance Team;
Primary Advisers;
Finance Team;
Communications Team;
Pupil Planning Team;
Playing for Success Team;
Building Schools for the Future Team.

My nominations for COLLEAGUE OF THE YEAR are:

Glenn Pickersgill;
Andy Hargreaves;
Hilary Farmery;
Malcolm Learoyd;
Lise Stower;
Simon Darby;
Iram Mir;
Helen Ford;
Danielle Brearley;
Jon Hosegood;
Vicki White;
Christine Alexander;
Val Cain;
Gary Nixon;
Monica Tomkiss;
Richard Irvine;
Claire Macklam;
Joss Ivory;
Liz White;
Carolyn Eyre;
Beverley Lloyd;
Frances Bernstein;
Josie Warwick,
Sue Morgan;
Alex MacLeod;
Margaret Dalby;
Paul Hudson;
Preet Matharu;
Richard Boughey;
Bernadette Robinson;
Heather Eyre;
Althea Brown;
Barbara Comiskey;
Rosie Denison;
Gary Milner;
Rachael Holdgate.

My nominations for MANAGER OF THE YEAR are:

Dee Reid;
Viv Buckland;
Jane Hall;
Tony Palmer;
Wendy Winterburn;
Chris Halsall;
Mark Hopkins;
Brian Tuffin;
Til Wright;
Richard Smith;
George Turnbull;
Charlotte Foley;
Peter Storrie;
Barry Hilton;
Carol Stagg;
Chris Pollard;
Peter Saunders;
Joan Haines;
Anne Cowling;
Steve Smith.

My nominations for LEADER OF THE YEAR are:

Dirk Gilleard;
Ros Vahey;
Pat Toner;
Jackie Green;
Carol Jordan;
Rehana Minhas;
Martin Hollos;
Dorothy Smith;
David McDermott;
Shirley Parks.

My nominations for INITIATIVE OF THE YEAR are:

Aim Higher;
Attendance Champions;
Equalitiy Champions;
No Child Left Behind;
Together for Peace;
Extended Services Developments;
Chartermark;
InfoBase and InfoBase Schools;
Inclusive Learning Strategy;
Children Missing Education Initiative;
Enterprise Ambassadors;
Leeds Mentoring;
STEPS;
Wake Up and Shake Up;
Intensifying Support Programme;
Parent Support Advisers;
The Power of Me;
Stephen Lawrence Education Standard in Morley;
Brilliant Learning, Brilliant Leadership;
Inclusion Chartermark;
PfI Schools;
My Blog!

AND THE WINNERS ARE...
You know me well enough by now that actually they are all winners, all stars, all talented, brilliant, gorgeous and wonderful. I know that I may have forgotten someone and I am sorry if you weren't nominated this year but I hope it will be an incentive to let me know about your personal and team successes during the next year.
Chris

No comments: