Tuesday 29 January 2008

I started the day early at Holy Rosary and St Anne's Catholic Primary School...


Kathryn Carter, the school's headteacher, and Elizabeth McDonagh-Smith, the new deputy headteacher, welcomed me and talked to me about the journey the school had been on and the real successes the team were seeing; including being in the top 100 primary schools nationally for sustained improvement over the last three years!






The school has seen a lot of change with Kathryn being in post for just over a year, a new deputy and four newly qualified teachers. There is a real energy and commitment about the school and some brilliant young people.








I also visited classrooms to meet the learning team and the children and to be interviewed by a group of Year 6 students who were producing a school newspaper. The atmosphere around the school was calm and purposeful and relationships were good. I have attached the photographs of my meeting with a fantastic group of Year 6 students.



Kathryn and Elizabeth and their colleagues are clearly doing a great job, setting ambitious targets and achieving great things.

Chris

No comments: