The workshop was delivered by the HayGroup and based on the following RACI aspects:
- Responsible... “Doer”;
- Accountable... “Buck Stops Here”;
- Consulted... “In the Loop”;
- Informed... “For Your Information”.
1. Remember the vision and the associated change programme are critical when defining roles and responsibilities:
- Eliminate “checkers checking checkers”;
- Encourage teamwork;
- Specific roles will develop during implementation and evolve over time.
2. Place accountability and responsibility at the lowest possible level;
3. Authority must accompany accountability;
4. Minimise the number of consultation and information sessions;
5. All roles and responsibilities must be documented and communicated.
This is a really powerful model which helps us all as we develop our provision in a new Children's Services world.