Friday 24 October 2008

I moved on to Carr Manor High School...

I had been invited to the Official Sports College Launch with Brian Close, Eddie Gray and Mike Tomlinson. Brian and Eddie are two of my sporting heroes and Mike talked movingly about Jane Tomlinson and her determination, her commitment and her self-belief.

I was proud to be invited to talk at the school's special assembly. I was there at the official opening of the new building by Tony Blair and the journey Carr Manor High School has been on over the last two years has been simply remarkable. The Sports College Status marked a significant step in the journey and the recent OFSTED inspection confirmed that this is an exceptional school with a brilliant team led by an inspiration headteacher.

It was wonderful to be part of this very special event and to be seen as part of the team releasing a very special kind of magic.
Chris

No comments: