Gary sent me the framework Yorkshire Bank use to describe the way they do things. 'The way we do things around here' captures the five elements they believe are central to the Bank's success:
- Customer: easy to do business with; be innovative, responsible, understanding, over-deliver and recognise that one size doesn't fit all.
- Collaborate: working together to work faster; be co-operative, build strong teams, focus on customer needs and share knowledge and experiences.
- Passionate owner: run it like it's your own business; take accountability, be obsessed with the competition, take risks, be passionate and be prepared to make tough calls.
- Energise: release people's potential; involve and inform, coach and give feedback, recognise and reward, empower and support.
- Executive: Deliver on promises; do what you say, work fast and do things, plan well, battle bureaucracy and win, face challenges and deal with them.
It's a great recipe for success wherever you are and whatever business you are in.