Wednesday 1 July 2009

I started the day early at Bramley St Peter's CE Primary School where Cath Harbrow, the headteacher, and her team are doing great things...

I was there to see an 'Every Child a Reader' session taught by Pam Galley. John Shute is leading this brilliantly effective programme here in Leeds. I also met Helen Rumsby who is leading the 'Every Child Counts' programme which is having equally impressive results with mathematics. Cath had arranged for me to attend their music assembly which celebrated the children's singing and playing led by the amazing Betsy Whiting. I also had the opportunity to walk around the school with Cath and to meet some of her colleagues who are obviously doing something wonderful to release such magic from the children at St Peter's.
Chris


No comments: