The workshop was run by PricewaterhouseCoopers colleagues who talked through the transformational approach which focuses on:
- Where do we want to be?
- What do we need to do better?
- What do we want to achieve?
- How do we manage this?
- Where do we find the resources?
- How do we win hearts and minds?
The key drivers for change are:
'The Perfect Storm'
- financial pressures building;
- grant income reducing;
- increasing demand for services;
- one off factors like the recession, local government pensions and elections.
The Modernisation Agenda
- customer service excellence;
- focus on improving outcomes;
- focus on effeciency and effectiveness.
These are challenging times and we need to see that there are opportunities for us to continue to build on what we have achieved.