Saturday 16 October 2010

JOHN SMEATON COMMUNITY COLLEGE

On Thursday evening I attended the John Smeaton Community College Awards Evening...


I had been asked by my colleagues John Daulby and Marilyn Steele, headteacher and deputy headteacher at this fantastic success story, to present the awards to some of their wonderful young people. It was a real privilege to be part of this awards ceremony and to listen to their fantastic senior choir. I have been blessed to be able to work here in Leeds and to be able to play a small part in the 'John Smeaton Story' which is one of the most incredible success stories here in this wonderful city. John and Marilyn's passion, commitment and belief and the determination and hard work of the teaching and learning team has transformed provision and outcomes for these young people and the community the school serves so well.


This was an evening I will never forget because, at the end of the evening, the choir sang especially for me supporting one of their fantastically talented sixth form students who sang 'I did it my way' and, like most things at John Smeaton Community College, it was simply brilliant!
Chris

No comments: