So what are the ten tips?
- Get to know your colleagues.
- Keep asking your colleagues how things are going, what needs improving and what we can do better.
- Delegate twice as much as you're currently doing to trust and empower your colleagues.
- Constantly check colleague's understanding of what you are expecting them to do.
- Set the direction and always be totally clear what you want.
- Constantly and genuinely praise colleagues for doing the right things.
- Constantly communicate and keep colleagues informed.
- Consult with everyone about as much as you possibly can.
- Listen constantly and ask your colleagues how they'd do things.
- When colleagues are not performing well be really hard on the problem not on the people.