The conference was subtitled '21st Learning in an Age of Austerity' and aimed to explore the models, principles and discliplines that will help us rise to the challenges we face in a changing world. I attended three sessions;
- 'Developing 21st Century Skills' delivered by Yong Zhao, professor and director of the US-China Centre for research on Educational Excellence at Michigan State University;
- 'Radical Innovation for Learning' delivered by Nelson Gonzales, Chief Strategy Officer at the Stupski Foundation;
- 'Rethinking Education' by Josephine Green, former Senior Director of Trends and Strategy at Philips.
- personalised approaches;
- a focus on developing world class skills;
- real engagement with young people;
- performance based learning;
- a comprehensive programme of support;
- anytime, anywhere learning.