I started early so I could attend Allison's Breakfast Club and I was also roped into dressing up as an Anglo-Saxon Lord to see the amazing things that the team were doing... the classroom floor was covered in straw and the children were cooking, thatching and digging and being Anglo-Saxon peasants! Another group were off on the train for a day out.
It's wonderful to visit a school where the team are confident enough to do things differently. As always the question you want to ask is what makes Swinnow Primary School such a brilliant school? The answers...
- Allison's strong, focuconfident and passionate leadership;
- a talented and enthusiastic learning team;
- clear values and beliefs driving all aspects of the work of the school;
- great teaching within a wonderful learning environment;
- high expectations of every child and the whole learning team; and
- some talented and wonderful young people!
Allison and her learning team are doing a brilliant job and have created a fantastic learning environment for the children in a really great school.