Saturday 7 July 2007

I went to 'Guys and Dolls' yesterday evening at the Grand Theatre in Leeds. Everyone had told me how fantastic it was but really you should all get out more!

Interestingly, I sat next to an elderly gentleman who told me that he had first seen 'Guys and Dolls' in 1945 as a soldier in France at the end of the Second World War and he was disappointed with this performance because he thought it was too slow and the singers weren't really strong enough or good enough. My son saw it a couple of years ago in London and Ewan McGregor was in it playing Sky Masterson alongside Jane Krakowski in a sell-out revival at London's Piccadilly Theatre and he said that it was fantastic. Honestly, it was OK but when I went to see 'Guys and Dolls' at Allerton Grange High School last year the three young men who sang were just as good if not better.
Chris

No comments: