Thursday 1 July 2010

I saw my colleague Jamil Khan who manages the Harehills Youth in Partnership initiative the other day and he sent me this picture and this e-mail...

"Hi Chris, Thanks for the encouraging and most wonderful words and belief in this project, you gave me yesterday. I have forwarded the picture to my contact in Evening Post for a press release. I would like your support to encourage other schools to be part of this partnership and to get in touch with me rather then the school to move this partnership forward. Many thanks again. Jamil."
Jamil's work picks up on the important issue of how we manage learning during the extended holiday many of our children are taking with their families in Pakistan. Through his work Jamil has established educational links with education bosses and schools in Pakistan so that the children can access schooling while they are away from school here in Leeds. His award, from the authorities in Pakistan, recognises the important of this work. If you want to find out more about the work that Harehills Youth in Partnership are doing you can contact Jamil on 07955939610 or alternatively you can email him at hyip_jamil@yahoo.co.uk.
Chris

No comments: